Vincent Jarvis, MD, MPH
LICENSURES / CERTIFICATION
- Compliance Officer certified, HCCA, American Board of Internal Medicine Certified, Addiction Medicine Certified
- Board Certified Naturopathic Physician,
- Advanced Air Medical Crew Certified
- New Jersey State Medical License
- Hawaii State Medical License, 1989
- Drug Enforcement Administration Certified
- New York State Medical License
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Basic and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
- International Center for Equal Healthcare Access, Honorary Board Member
- New York City Prevention Planning Group, AETC Brooklyn Advisory Board
- Ryan White Medical Committee Member
- Medical School Honors in Medicine, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Magna cum Laude, CUNY
- United Federation of Teachers College Scholarship
AFFILIATIONS / PRIVILEGES
- American College of Physicians
- Mount Sinai Hospital Dept. of Medicine, 2006 to Date, Asst. Professor, 2006-2008 Lutheran Medical Center, 2000-2004
- University of Miami Dept. of Medicine, 1997-2000, Asst. Professor
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Mercy Hospital, Treasure Isle Care Center, 1998-2000 South Shore Hospital, 1997-2000
- Dade County Medical Society
- American Association of Public Health
- American College for the Advancement of Medicine
- Jarvis, Vincent: Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). In: Attorney’s Textbook of Medicine. Lexis Nexis, Matthew Bender. 2004.
- Jarvis, Zhu: Chinese Herbal Medicine for Diarrhea Caused by Antiretroviral Drugs, Alternative Therapies Vol. 46: 112, Nov. 1998.
- Jarvis, Levine, Asbell: Ophthalmia Neonatorum: Study of a Decade of Experience, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 26: 155, March 1985 (AVRO Presentation) and British Journal of Ophthalmology 71: 295-300, April 1987.
- Jarvis, Levine, Asbell: A Comparison of Manual Versus Automated Keratometry, CLAO Journal 13, July 1987.
- Jarvis, Levine, Mindel: Florscien Does Not Alter Acetylcholine Metabolism, American Journal of Ophthalmology 96; 303-4, Sept. 1983.
- Masters in Public Health, Columbia University School of Public Health
- Health Policy and Management Internship/Residency, Long Island Jewish Hillside Medical Center, Internal Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, School of Biomedical Education, CUNY
- Chief Medical Officer, Dec. 2009 to Date, New York Hotel Trades Employee Benefit Funds Medical Director, 2007-2010, Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield/WellPoint
- Medical Director, 2006-2007, CareCore National
- Director of Medical Services, January 2005-2007, Mount Sinai Hospital, Dept. Director Consultant, Aug.2005-Dec. 2005, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Clinical Mentor, June 2005-July 2005, International Center for Equal Healthcare Access, Vietnam Chief Medical Director, February 2004-May 2005, William F. Ryan Community Health Center Medical Director, 2000-2004, Lutheran Medical Center, Special Populations Program
- Practice of Medicine, 2000 to Date, Office Based, NYC Faculty/Consultant/Speaker, 1997-2005, Pharma Attending Physician, 2000, Concentra Medical Center
- Attending Physician, 1995-1999, South Shore Hospital Immunology Clinic Medical Educator, 1996-2005, AIDS Education and Training Center
- Practice of Medicine, 1996-Present, Office Based, Miami Beach, FL and presently NYC Medical Director, 1994-1996, Coconut Grove Family Health Center
- Medical Director, 1992-1994, Saint Mary’s Center
- Chief Physician, 1989-1994, Montefiore Medical Center- Rikers Island Health Service
- Medical Director, 1987-1990, Long Island Jewish Hillside Medical Center, Substance Abuse Treatment Program; Attending Physician- HIV/AIDS Clinic; Attending Physician- Employee Health Service
Manhattan Pain and Sports Associates focuses solely on the prevention, diagnosis, best in class treatment and rehabilitation of painful disorders. Comprehensive assessments by our doctors are an essential component of our pain management & sports medicine practice. We are committed to providing personalized solutions for pain to greatly improve your quality of life. We understand that each patient has a unique problem and therefore customize each and every pain management program.
Manhattan Pain and Sports Associates
51 East 25th St, 4th Floor, Ste B
New York, NY 10010