Febin S. Melepura MD | Manhattan Pain and Sports Associates
Febin S. Melepura, MD
- American Pain Society
- Eastern Pain Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists,
- New York State Society of Anesthesiologists
- Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY: Pain Medicine Fellow in the Division of Pain and Palliative Care Medicine in the Anesthesiology Department
- Columbia University Medical Center New York, NY: Resident Doctor in Anesthesiology Department, Board-Certified Anesthesiologist
- Stony Brook School of Medicine Stony Brook, NY, Medical Doctor, NY License #271559, NJ
- Binghamton University Binghamton, NY, B.S. Biochemistry
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Harpur College
- Division of Otolaryngology Stony Brook School of Medicine, Dr. Maise Shindo, Clinical Research Assistant: Collected data from archived patient data that spanned the past 11 years to determine complication rates with preoperative hyperthyroid diagnosis.
- Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Stony Brook School of Medicine, Dr. Jen Chih Hsieh, Laboratory Researcher: Developed a component of an ongoing project to determine the mechanism by which the receptors transduce the Wnt signals downstream and to identify genes responsive to Wnt signaling.
- Department of Otolaryngology, New York University School of Medicine, Dr. Anil Lalwani and Dr. Anand N. Mhatre, Laboratory Researcher: Developed an ongoing project involving the role of myosin in syndromic and nonsyndromic hearing loss. Used different techniques that involve gene therapy and genotyping on experimental mice.
- Department of Chemistry, SUNY at Binghamton, Dr. Chuan-Jian Zhong, Laboratory Researcher, The lab researches on nanoparticles and its uses as a fuel cell and a sensory mechanism by making use of magnetic and electronic properties of specific nanoparticles.
- S Hines G., Melepura F. et al. “Isolated celiac artery dissection: Case Report and
Literature review.” 2008.
- Melepura F, Ho A, Weller M. Functional Neurosurgery. Anesthesia Pocket The McGraw-Hill Companies. 2013.
Melepura F, Weller M. Intracranial Pressure Monitoring. Anesthesia Pocket Guide. The McGraw-Hill Companies. 2013.
- Melepura F, Dizdarevic A. Recurrent Central Sensitization, Potential for Development of Chronic Pain and Importance of Preventive Analgesia. 2013.
- Effectiveness of Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in Joint Pathology. ColumbiaPain Morning Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger. May 2010.
- Literature Review on Gabapentin vs Pregabepentin Therapy on Neuropathic Pain. Columbia Pain Morning Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger Sept 2011.
- Intra-operative Role of Therapeutic Hypothermia. Columbia Neuroanesthesia Morning Conference. Dr. Eric Heyer. February 2011.
- Hypothermia in Cardiac and Stoke Patients. Resident Chief Rounds. Dr. Zirka Anastasian. April 2011.
- Interesting Case: Troubleshooting Machine Failure. Milstein Morning Conference. Dr. Jonathan Hastie. January 2012.
- Role of Gabapentin in Acute and Chronic Pain. Anesthesiology Grand Rounds. Dr. Michael Weinberger. August 2013.
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Morning Pain Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger. July 2013.
- Cancer Related Pain. Morning Pain Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger. August 2013.
- Vertebral Augmentation. Morning Pain Conference. Dr. David Bandola. August 2013.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation. Morning Pain Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger. September 2013.
- Myofasical Pain Syndrome. Morning Pain Conference. Dr. Leena Mathew. September 2013.
- Case Report: Intramedullary Tumor. Case Conference. Dr. Anis Dizdarevic. September 2013.
- Case Report: Altered Mental Status after Epidural Steroid Administration. Case Conference. Dr. Michael Weinberger. October 2013.
- Melepura F, Dizdarevic A. Recurrent Central Sensitization, Potential for Development of Chronic Pain and Importance of Preventive Analgesia. AAPM Conference – Phoenix 2014.
- Melepura F, Dizdarevic A. Recurrent Central Sensitization, Potential for Development of Chronic Pain and Importance of Preventive Analgesia. Columbia Academic Evening 2014.
Manhattan Pain and Sports Associates focuses solely on the prevention, diagnosis, best in class treatment and rehabilitation of painful disorders: from back pain to knee pain. Comprehensive assessments by our doctors are an essential component of our pain management & sports medicine practice. We are committed to providing personalized solutions for pain to greatly improve your quality of life. We understand that each patient has a unique problem and therefore customize each and every pain management program.
Manhattan Pain and Sports Associates
51 East 25th St, 4th Fl, Ste B
New York, NY 10010